If you often find yourself only being able to screen print a few ts-shirts at a time before having to stop and clean off the plastisol ink, then this article is for you. We have listed 8 excellent tips on how to prevent t-shirt ink build up from ocurring.
8 Ways to Reduce Plastisol Ink build up
Use these 8 tips in order to get the most out of Multi-Tech's screen printing plastisol inks and reduce plastisol ink build up.
- Wipe Multi-Techs Thinner PL sparingly on the underside of the screen.
- Print with properly tensioned screens. High - tension stretch with as fine a mesh as possible (monofilament).
- Reduce off-contact and squeegee pressure.
- Use sharp, hard squeegee (70- Durometer) with reduced angle.
- Reduce ink viscosity with Multi-Techs Thinner DT and/or MSB-100 Clear/ Soft - Hand Extender.
- Add Multi-Tech thickener paste, 1% - 3%.
- Adjust squeegee speed.
- Avoid overlapping color on color. But - register your artwork when possible.
Lawson Screen and Digital's eStore is equipped with an array of plastisol ink tools to aid you in your shop.