Techni-Print Color Laser Transfer Paper
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Techni-Print® for Color Laser Printers | When Color Matters
TECHNI-PRINT® Heat Transfer Paper is a revolutionary new laser product that works well in higher temperature laser printers. This paper will also perform well in printers and copiers that don't use fuser oil. Excellent color retention.
Using TECHNI-PRINT® Heat Transfer Paper
TECHNI-PRINT* Paper allows you to transfer your photos and images to T-shirts, sweatshirts, mousepads, coasters, puzzles, canvas bags, binders, pad-folios, paper, leather, magnets, wood, nylon, and more. TECHNI-PRINT* Paper works in most color laser printers and color laser copiers including those that do not use fuser oil, such as the HP 4500 and HP 8500.
- 605-100-5-PK Techni-Print® 8.5" x 11" (100 sheets per pack) ........... $62.00
- 605-100-6-PK Techni-Print® 11" x 17" (100 sheets per pack) .......... $120.00
You will need the following:
- Color Laser Printer/Copier
- Pre-Washed White or Light Colored Shirt
- Commerical Heat Press (No Hand Iron)
PRINTING & APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
(Click here for a printable PDF)
How to print TECHNI-PRINT Paper in your color laser printer or copier.
- Make sure your image is "flipped" or that you have selected the "mirror image" or "reverse image" setting on your printer's driver.
- Feed TECHNI-PRINT Paper according to the printer manufacturer's directions. (The side printed with "TECHNI-PRINT" is the back side.) Information on how to properly feed paper into your specific brand and model should be found the owner's manual or provided by the machine's manufacturer.
- Some experimentation may be required to determine the optimal settings for your specific printer/copier; however, some guidelines are given in the "Tips" section of this sheet. Copiers should be fed grain long.
- Trim away unprinted area of the transfer if desired.
Important:TECHNI-PRINT Paper should be fed into your copier or printer with the short dimension first (grain long).
HOW TO TRANSFER YOUR IMAGE USING A COMMERCIAL HEAT PRESS
The following is applicable for T-shirts, sweatshirts, and mousepads. Other substrates may require special instructions.
- Preheat the heat press to 375°F to insure that optimal temperature is attained before attempting to transfer your image.
- Place your substrate (a white or light colored object of 100% cotton, cotton/poly blend or 100% polyester) on the platen of the heat press so that no seams or buttons prevent even pressure in the area to be transferred.
- Press the substrate to remove any moisture.
- Place the transfer sheet image face down on the substrate and press at 375-400°F for 30 seconds using HEAVY PRESSURE (60 PSI or greater).
- Peel while still hot.
STORAGE & HANDLING OF TECHNI-PRINT® HEAT TRANSFER PAPERS
For best results, allow 12-24 hours for the paper to acclimate to your shop conditions. Store the paper in a cool, dry location.
- Turn garment inside out. This will minimize the amount of abrasion that the transfer will encounter with other garments in the wash.
- Wash the garment in cold water using a mild detergent.
- DO NOT USE BLEACH
- Remove the garment from the wash immediately and allow to air dry. If you are going to tumble dry, use the air only setting or low temperature. By doing this over the life of the garment, you will be ensuring that your image stays clear and bright.
- Do not iron directly on the transferred area.
TIPS AND POINTERS FOR USING TECHNI-PRINT® HEAT TRANSFER PAPERS
To determine proper printer settings for TECHNI-PRINT Paper:
Start with "Plain Paper" mode. If paper does not fuse completely (toner flake off) or if toner smears, move to "Transparency" mode. This will slow the paper down, allowing more time to fuse. If toner is still not fusing completely, switch settings down to "Heavy Paper" mode. This will slow fusing as well as increasing the temperature.
If paper is jamming in fusing unit:
Check the printer's settings. If set on anything but plain paper mode, change to a faster/cooler setting such as "Plain Paper" mode.
Important: We do everything possible to test each of our grades of paper on various substrates using different transfer equipment. However, it is impossible for us to duplicate all variables using all substrates and transfer equipment. Therefore, it is essential that you test the paper you plan to use before beginning production to determine the suitability of the paper when using with your equipment, methods, and substrate material. Please keep in mind that the Seller's and Manufacturer's maximum obligation shall be to replace any paper that has been proven to be defective. Neither the Seller nor the Manufacturer shall be liable for any injury, direct or consequential, arising out of the use of, or inability to use this paper.